Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

When There are No Big Returns

Erin and I spent the day in Vinton County yesterday. The least populous county in the state is, like so many other counties in the state, dealing with high unemployment and poverty levels. Hopefully, Erin and I could help people complete their taxes for free and inject some capital into the state.

Except I did the opposite.

Erin and I had three clients each. I had two break even. Zero owed, zero back. My other client owed a little under $200. I went to one of the hardest hit counties in the state and took their money away from them.

Way to earn that salary, Russ.

Now, of course helping people complete their tax forms for free has an added benefit not included in the refund statistics, but, still. Yuck. Not as fun as helping a mom get a $10,000 return, ya know?

No comments:

Post a Comment