Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Harrison County Fair

Yesterday the Mobile Express made the long and winding trip to Cadiz, OH, hometown of the legendary Clark Gable, for the Harrison County Fair.

Unfortunately, we didn't have a lot of luck getting any bites at the fair. To add insult to injury, the fair didn't have an ATM. Erin and I were foiled from buying the fried pickles and corn dogs we craved.

However, as a city boy, I admit I was pretty excited to see my first swine, my first Holstein Cow, and, on the road, my first turkey vulture and first groundhog.

One of the things I really enjoy about working with the Mobile Express is that I get to travel in a state that really does offer a lot of things. There are mountains and plains. Big cities with skyscrapers and small towns with only one stop light. International Houses of Pancakes and Waffle Houses.

So even though we didn't get anyone signed up, I at least got to experience a new part of Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment