Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Erin was on TV

Last Wednesday, The Cleveland Foodbank hosted an Ohio Benefit Bank telethon on Channel 3 (WKYC) in Cleveland. Erin and I took the van (which also made it on TV) and took calls on live TV.

Erin was smart enough to sit up front. Whenever they interviewed someone on live TV, there was Erin chit-chatting away about food assistance, HEAP, free tax services, what have you. Me? I was in the back row. Either off screen or behind a reporter's head. I was wearing a tie and everything! And for what!? Just to be off screen!

Thankfully, we didn't need ties to take over 865 calls. BOO-YAH.

Over 450 calls poured into the Ohio Benefit Bank Direct Service Office in the next week as a direct result of this telethon.

I'm writing this from Parma at a follow-up event. I've already completed three applications and it looks like all the volunteers + me + Erin are up to about a dozen. And we'll be in town tomorrow for more of the same. Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment